A light and delicate treat that’s no bake–perfect for hot summer nights when you still want to indulge. With ripe summer strawberries, and a cinnamon cookie crust this easy-to-make pie will be even easier to devour. This Allergy-friendly No Bake Strawberry Jello Pie is free of: wheat, dairy, egg, soy, peanut & tree nuts. It’s also top-8-free and gluten-free.
I just can’t get enough of summer fruit. As you may have seen in my Insta-Story my grocery budget goes up in the summer because I just can’t say no to the yummy fruit at my grocer. Watermelon, peaches, raspberries, cantaloupe–they all scream my name. One of my favorite fruits those is the classic strawberry. You just can’t beat a ripe strawberry…that is, unless it’s in a dessert.
I’m not a huge fan of baking my fruit either. I want it to be soft because it’s ripe, not because it’s been baked. And, baking often leaves it a bit mushy. So, I love this no-bake dessert that has bits of strawberries just the way they should be–chilled and fresh.
I love this recipe because it doesn’t have that many ingredients. Considering two of the ingredients for the filling are ice cubes and water–it’s pretty simple. While I enjoy making my own whipped coconut cream, I would recommend buying the packaged version, so that you can make sure you have the right amount (8 oz) and that it’s extra fluffy (not to mention time saving!) to ensure the dessert sets up.
I should warn it’s pretty irresistible. So irresistible that my little boy got in trouble! I made it the night before, and there just wasn’t good enough lighting to take photos of it. I like to shoot with natural light, so I put it in the fridge and figured I’d wait until morning.
I even put it in the back of the fridge with something in front of it. But, somehow my little boy snuck downstairs (he has to pass our room to do it t00–quite impressive!) and went down to the fridge and put his fingers in it and ate some with his bare hands. I was quite upset when I did catch him coming from downstairs with his fingers bright pink (caught pink-handed!). I was worried I wouldn’t be able to photograph it, but thankfully the damage was contained to one side.
If you look closely you can still see it in my photos a bit. I figured it wouldn’t be all bad if I had to make another–because then I could eat another. But, I wanted to share this with you ASAP because it’s SOOO good, and I was crunched for time.
Needless to say, hide this if you’re saving it for a party or dessert! Learn from my mistake if you have a snoopy spouse, child or roommate.
I hope this helps you have a refreshing, dessert this summer without a lot of work. It’s definitely going to be in our summer dessert rotation from now on.
None of these ingredients are sponsored, but I do try to link to products so you can either see the ingredients, or order them online since sometimes these are hard to find. There may be affiliate links.
- COOKIE CRUST:
- One 6.3 oz package of Crunchy Vanilla Honey Graham Cookies (or similar allergy-friendly crispy cookie)
- 1 and ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup vegan butter, melted
- STRAWBERRY PIE FILLING:
- 1 (3 oz.) package strawberry jello
- ⅔ cup boiling water
- ½ cup cold water
- ½ cup ice cubes
- 1 (8 oz.) container Coco Whip (or similar dairy-free whipped topping)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- Place the entire package of cookies in a food processor. Pulse until the cookies are crumbly. Mix in the cinnamon and melted butter until it resembles a sticky, fine sand. Press the mixture into a 8 or 9 inch spring form pan covering the bottom and sides. (You can use a regular pie pan, but I like the spring form since it makes for a better presentation since you can take the sides off when it's set.) Place the pie crust in refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, add boiling water and Jello contents. Whisk gelatin powder until completely dissolved.Then, add the cold water and ice cubes, stir until gelatin is slightly thickened. Let it sit for a few minutes to thicken slightly before you add the Cocowhip otherwise it won’t set up.
- With the whisk,stir the Cocowhip into the gelatin mixture until everything is incorporated. Stir in the sliced strawberries. Pour the mixture into the crust. Refrigerate for 6 hours or until mixture has thickened and set.
- The mixture will be delicate and needs to keep cool except for when you're eating or serving it. Serve plain, or garnish with additional whipped topping and strawberries.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN IT, SO YOU DON’T LOSE IT. ALSO, CHECK OUT MY OTHER ALLERGY-FRIENDLY PINTEREST BOARDS.
Looking for other no bake desserts? Try these: